Psalm 127:1–5 (NKJV)
1 Unless the Lord builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the Lord guards the city,
The watchman stays awake in vain.
2 It is vain for you to rise up early,
To sit up late,
To eat the bread of sorrows;
For so He gives His beloved sleep.
3 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one’s youth.
5 Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
They shall not be ashamed,
But shall speak with their enemies in the gate.
- Your house/dynasty will not be defined by your labor, but by God's.
- Any perceived gains are only gains so long as the Lord protects them.
- Hard work and diligence are not the most important thing. Trusting in God, allows us opportunity to relax.
- God's greatest earthly gift to us is our children.
- Children are weapons. Be careful where you aim them.